Skip to content. Accessibility info.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
NEW TRANSIT SERVICE & SCHEDULE ADJUSTMENTS EFFECTIVE AUGUST 29, 2010
(Thursday, August 26, 2010) Halifax, NS - HRM will enter a new era in transit service as of Sunday, August 29, with the official launch of service from the new Ragged Lake Transit Centre, and the introduction of more accessible routes, downtown limited stop service, and improved connections for Metro Transit passengers.
These service adjustments will be the first changes resulting from Regional Council's approval of the Five- Year Strategic Operations Plan and the ongoing expansion, rationalization and reorganization of Metro Transit’s service, designed to move transit passengers more efficiently, conveniently and on time.
The major service and schedule adjustments for August include:
3 New Accessible Low Floor (ALF) Routes:
- Route 8 Waterfront (providing 30-minute service, 7 days a week from Scotia Square to Pier 23)
- Route 22 Armdale (providing 30-minute service, 7 days a week from the Ragged Lake Industrial Park to Mumford Terminal, via the Stoneridge community)
- Route 57 Russell Lake (providing 30-minute service Monday to Saturday, and 60-minute service Sundays & Holidays between Portland Hills and Woodside communities, via Russell Lake Drive, Baker Drive and Hwy 111)
Passengers may try any of these 3 new routes for free by using the coupon located on the back of the August edition of the GoTimes rider newsletter, which can be found at HRM Customer Service Centres, 54 retail outlets, or online at http://www.halifax.ca/metrotransit .
Conversion of 4 Routes to Accessible Low Floor (ALF):
- Route 52 Crosstown
- Route 58 Woodlawn
- Route 62 Wildwood
- Route 65 Caldwell (previously Astral)
Reintroduction of Route 30’s as Urban Express:
All route 30’s will be reintroduced as Urban Express routes, providing limited stop service within the urban core while maintaining existing local service, to increase service efficiency. All Urban Express stops will be identified by a new sign with a red bar and Express decal. Affected routes include:
- Route 31 Main Express
- Route 32 Cowie Hill Express
- Route 33 Tantallon Express
- Route 34 Glenbourne Express
- Route 35 Parkland Express
Route & Schedule Adjustments affecting the following routes:
- Route 1 Spring Garden, Saturday a.m. trip adjusted and increased a.m. Sunday service
- Route 19 Greystone, weekday a.m. trips adjusted
- Route 20 Herring Cove, weekday p.m. trips adjusted and all day Saturday service introduced
- Route 32 Cowie Hill Express, additional weekday a.m. and p.m. peak trips
- Route 63 Woodside, service to Penhorn Terminal removed, and replaced by new route 57 Russell Lake
- Route 65 Caldwell, previously Astral, redesigned as a feeder route to Portland Hills Terminal only, with additional service 7 days a week
- Route 72 Portland Hills, service extended into Burnside Industrial Park and Dartmouth Crossing, and additional service 7 days a week
- Route 80 Sackville, additional weekday a.m. peak trips from Sackville Terminal and a.m. peak trip from Upper Water Street adjusted
- Route 81 Hemlock Ravine, weekday a.m. peak trip adjusted
- Route 165 Woodside Link, service extended to Penhorn Terminal and additional a.m. and p.m. peak trips
- Route 330 Tantallon MetroX, service to overflow lot at St. Margaret’s Centre Arena removed to increase service efficiency
For more details on the upcoming service and schedule adjustments effective August 29, contact the HRM Call Centre at 490-4000 or visit www.halifax.ca/metrotransit.
- 30 -