Skip to content. Accessibility info.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 11, 2016
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
That Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve an increase to Project Account CE020001 - Police Services Replacement Equipment in the amount of $551,300 with funding from the approved Halifax Regional Police (HRP) 2015/16 Operating budget with no net change to the Project Budget.
That Audit & Finance Regional Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Award RFP # P15-380 Review of Administrative Order 24 and Halifax Fire and Emergency Services Service Standard to the only proponent, Pomax Consultants for a cost of $85,577 (net HST included);
2. Approve the attached Strategic Studies Project Charter as contained in the March 7, 2016 staff report; and
3. Approve the withdrawal in the amount of $85,577 from the Strategic Studies Reserve, Q330, to fund the Review of Administrative Order 24 and Halifax Fire and Emergency Services Service Standard Study, as outlined in the Financial Implications Section of the staff report dated March 7, 2016
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee forward the staff report dated March 24, 2016 to Halifax Regional Council as an information item.
12.2 OFFICE OF THE AUDITOR GENERAL – NONE
12.3 INVESTMENT POLICY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
12.3.1 Investment Policy Advisory Committee Report – Quarter ending December 31, 2015
That the Audit & Finance Standing Committee forward the Investment Policy Advisory Committee report dated March 24, 2016 to Halifax Regional Council as an information item.
12.4 GRANT COMMITEE – NONE
12.5 SPECIAL EVENTS ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.6 MEMBERS OF THE AUDIT & FINANCE STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at http://www.halifax.ca/boardscom/documents/Citizenrecruitmentpolicy.pdf
14.1.1 Appointments to Special Events Advisory Committee
That the Audit Finance Standing Committee:
1. Approve the appointments to the Special Events Advisory Committee for a term to November 30, 2016 as per Attachment one of the Private and Confidential staff report dated March 24, 2016
2. It is further recommended that the citizen appointments be released to the public following ratification and notification of the successful candidates.
15. ADDED ITEMS
1. It is recommended that the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council provide one-time funding in 2016-17 by way of a $50,000.00 joint grant to the Nova Scotia SPCA and SPAY Day HRM Society to extend the TNR (trap-neuter-release) Program, to be funded from the existing 2016-17 Planning & Development budget, and further direct that the expenditure be managed through cost centre S320 Animal Control, cost element 8004 Grants; and
2. Recommend that Regional Council request a staff report on the feasibility of establishing a permanent grant program for spaying and neutering cats. Furthermore this report is to return to Regional Council in October, 2016.
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – May 11, 2016
1. Memorandum from the Chief Financial Officer, dated April 3, 2016 re: Risk Management Governance
2. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant, dated February April 6, 2016 re: Requests for Presentation – None