Skip to content. Accessibility info.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 20 & September 7, 2016
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
That the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Award Tender No. 16-081, Two (2) 2016 Model Refuse Transfer Trailers c/w Top Opening Door and Auxiliary Gasoline Engine to the lowest bidder meeting specifications, Spector Manufacturing Inc. for a Total Estimated Tender Price of $270,794 (Canadian funds, net HST included) for two (2) trailers, at estimated exchange rates, with funding from Account CW000003, Rural Depot.
2. Approve a budget increase of $140,000 to Project Account CW000003 – Rural Depot.
3. Approve an unbudgeted withdrawal in the amount of $ 140,000 from the Obligation Reserve – Solid Waste Facility Reserve, Q556 as outlined in the Financial Implications section of the staff report dated September 13, 2016
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve a budget increase of $50,000 to Project Account No. CR000001 – Storm Sewer Upgrades with no change to the net budget to reflect costs that will be recovered as cost sharing is received from Halifax Water.
2. Approve the allocation of $100,000 (net HST included) in Project Account No. CR000001 - Storm Sewer Upgrades for a pre-design study to alleviate regular flooding concerns along the Hammonds Plains Road at Bluewater Road.
That the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council approve an increase to the Snow Removal Program for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities (The Program) in an amount up to $200,000, for a total 2016/17 operating budget of up to $600,000, with funding to be found through operating efficiencies within Transportation and Public Works, or if operating efficiencies cannot be achieved, through the Risk Reserves: General Contingency Reserve, Q421, as per the Financial Implications section of the staff report dated September 21, 2016.
12.1.4 Parking Ticket Management System
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend to Halifax Regional Council to increase Capital Project CI990031 Parking Ticket Management System in the amount of $108,000 to be funded from the Capital Fund Reserve to begin the implementation of the Parking Strategy Roadmap
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend to Council that the amount of $18,024,000 be allocated to the Opportunity Reserve - Strategic Capital Reserve, Q606
12.2 INVESTMENT POLICY ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 GRANT COMMITEE– NONE
12.4 SPECIAL EVENTS ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.5 MEMBERS OF THE AUDIT & FINANCE STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.6 OFFICE OF THE AUDITOR GENERAL – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 7, 2016