Skip to content. Accessibility info.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 28, 2016
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Sideguard Protection on HRM Fleet
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommends that Regional Council:
1. Direct staff to require side guard protection to achieve an approximate maximum ground clearance of 350mm, except where impractical, on:
a. vehicles over 4500kg purchased or leased by Halifax Regional Municipality after April 1, 2017, and;
b. contracted service provider vehicles over 4500kg on contracts awarded after April 1, 2017; and,
2. Direct staff to include sufficient funding in the preliminary 2017-18 Budget and Business Plan to acquire side guard protection on all appropriate vehicles purchased by, leased by, or contracted to deliver service to Halifax Regional Municipality; and
3. Direct staff to submit a report to Transportation Standing Committee in mid-2018 detailing:
a. the status of side guard protection implementation at that time; and
b. recommendations on a retrofit program to complete the implementation of fleet vehicles not subject to replacement by 2022; and,
4. Request that Halifax Water Commission review and report to Regional Council on the application of side guard protection to their fleet and contracted vehicles for 2017 and beyond.
12.1.2 Mitigation of Construction Impacts
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommends that Regional Council
1. Adopt By-law A-501 amending By-law A-500, the Amending By-law, as contained in Attachment B of the report dated April 13, 2016, the purpose of which is: to amend By-law B-201, the Building By-law; By-law E-200, the Encroachments By-law; and, By-law S-300, the Streets By-law; and
2. Adopt Administrative Order 2016-003-ADM, Respecting Construction Site Management as contained in Attachment G of the report dated April 13, 2016.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Information Report submitted at April 28, 2016 TSC meeting Re: Transit Priorities Opportunities Study – Councillor Waye Mason
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report outlining:
a) the possible transfer of responsibility for Transit Priority Measures (TPM) funding from Halifax Transit to Transportation & Public Works
b) A plan to implement the full list of proposed TPMs listed in the Staff Report dated April 18, 2016 during the 2017/18 fiscal year
And that this report shall be returned to the committee in sufficient time that it may be considered as a proposal for possible inclusion in the 2017/18 capital budget.
13.1 Councillor Mason
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report with recommendations regarding creating incentives and regulatory framework to encourage the expansion of the universally accessible taxi fleet in Halifax, including but not limited to HRM lead fleet purchase, municipal and provincial regulatory and tax changes and incentives, and service contracts modelled on HRM’s rural community transit program.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 23, 2016 1:00 p.m., Council Chambers, 3rd Floor,
City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax