Skip to content. Accessibility info.
PRESENT:Councillor Ron Cooper, Vice-Chair
STAFF:Kurt Pyle, Planner
REGRETS: Councillor Harry McInroy
Councillor Bruce Hetherington
Councillor Clint Schofield
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES - February 20, 1997
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS ANDAPPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION
6. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION
7. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS8.1 File No. DA-DAR-01-96-06 (F-50) - Application by Luna Developments Limited to construct a 49 unit apartment building for senior citizens at 75 and 77 Lakecrest Drive in Dartmouth by development agreement
9. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS AND DELEGATIONS9.1 Presentation 9.1.1 Downtown Dartmouth - Bea MacGregor 9.1.2 Planning for Recreation and Leisure Services, Harbour East Region - Karen MacTavish
12. ADDED ITEMS
13. NOTICES OF MOTION
14. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
15. ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA
16. NEXT MEETING
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. with an invocation.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
MOVED by Deputy Mayor Greenough and Councillor Sarto that the minutes of the February 20, 1997 regular meeting be approved as circulated. MOTION PUT AND PASSED.
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
1. Councillor Cooper requested information item Planning for Recreation and Leisure Services, Harbour East Region be brought forward to the main agenda.
MOVED by Deputy Mayor Greenough and Councillor Sarto that the Order of Business, as amended, be approved. MOTION PUT AND PASSED.
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES - NONE
5. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION - NONE
6. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION - NONE
7. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS - NONE
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS
8.1 File No. DA-DAR-01-96-06 (F-50) - Application by Luna Developments Limited to construct a 49 unit apartment building for senior citizens at 75 and 77 Lakecrest Drive in Dartmouth by development agreement
Mr. Kurt Pyle, Planner, with the aid of a slides, presented the staff report.
In response to Councillor Cunningham on changes to proposal, Mr. Pyle advised it was initially a 49 unit apartment building with townhouses at the front. He advised that after the proposal had gone to the former Dartmouth Council, these townhouses were removed and since that time changes have been minor in terms of relocation of parking spots etc. with the actual building not being changed.
In response to Deputy Mayor Greenough, Mr. Pyle advised there are 38 single units, 11 double units, and 1 guest unit. He also advised that although the building code does not require the installation of an elevator in buildings less than four stories, the developer has made accommodation for an elevator. On further question, Mr. Pyle advised the 8 ground floor units are designed for disabled persons and all units are designed so that they can be quickly converted into barrier free units.
Deputy Mayor Greenough advised this is not a rezoning but rather this development is proceeding under a development agreement which dictates how the property will be developed and how it will be maintained.
Speakers in favour
Mr. Peter Connor, Luna Developments, addressed Community Council advising this has been a long process and recommended the proposal be approved by Community Council.
In response to Deputy Mayor Greenough, Community Council was advised no decision has been made with regards to the colour scheme but the developer is willing to go with the colours the neighbourhood wishes.
Speakers in opposition
No speakers in opposition.
MOVED by Councillor Cunningham and Sarto that the public hearing be closed. MOTION PUT AND PASSED.
Decision of Council
MOVED by Deputy Mayor Greenough and Councillor Sarto that Harbour East Community Council:
1) enter into a development agreement, Attachment 4 of the staff report, to permit the development of a multi-unit dwelling designed for senior citizens at 75 and 77 Lakecrest Drive in Dartmouth.
2) that the agreement be signed withing 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Community Council on the request of the applicant, from the date of final approval by Harbour East Community Council and any other bodies as necessary, whichever approval is later, including applicable appeal periods; otherwise, this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
MOTION PUT AND PASSED.
Agenda was suspended at 7:30 p.m. with the loss of quorum - Councillor Sarto left the meeting.
The meeting continued as an information session with presentation on Downtown Dartmouth by Bea MacGregor and Planning for Recreation and Leisure Services, Harbour East Region by Karen MacTavish.
The meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
ASSISTANT MUNICIPAL CLERK