Skip to content. Accessibility info.
Halifax Regional Council
March 2, 2010
In Camera Session
2. SPECIAL COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
4. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF
ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
5. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION - NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION - NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS - NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.1 CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
11.2 HARBOUR EAST COMMUNITY COUNCIL
11.3 PENINSULA COMMUNITY COUNCIL
11.4 HALIFAX REGIONAL LIBRARY BOARD
12.1 Deputy Mayor Johns
(i) That Council direct the Mayor write to the Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal, the Honourable Bill Estabrooks, to request that the Provincial Government investigate funding opportunities that would generate income to offset the cost of substantial transportation initiatives in HRM; particularly, transit operations of the Municipality.
(ii) That Council direct the Mayor write to the Minister responsible for Finance with the Nova Scotia Provincial Government, the Honourable Graham Steele, and request that the Halifax Dartmouth Bridge Commission apply to the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board, requesting a fare increase of twenty-five cents; and that fifteen cents of this increase be provided to the Halifax Regional Municipality to offset the cost of substantial transportation initiatives, particularly transit and existing ferry operations.
13. ADDED ITEMS
14. NOTICES OF MOTION
In Camera Session - 10:00 a.m.
1. Approval of the Minutes - February 23, 2010
2. Approval of the Order of Business
3. Personnel Matter - Police Resourcing Study
(Continuation from March 1, 2010)
March 2, 2010