Skip to content. Accessibility info.
Halifax Regional Council
December 13, 2011
Reconvene 6:00 p.m. If Required
2. SPECIAL COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
4. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
5. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – October 18, 2011
8.1 Decision re: Case 16466 – First Annual Review – Amendments
to the Downtown Halifax Secondary Municipal Planning Strategy
and Land Use By-Law
(Public Hearing held & closed October 18, 2011)
9. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
9.1 Correspondence – None
10.1 CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
10.2 ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY STANDING COMMITTEE
12. ADDED ITEMS
13. NOTICES OF MOTION
14. IN CAMERA
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following;
14.1 In Camera Minutes – November 22, 2011
That the In Camera minutes of November 22, 2011 be approved as circulated.
14.2 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at http://www.halifax.ca/boardscom/documents/Citizenrecruitmentpolicy.pdf
14.2.1 Councillor & Citizen Appointments to Associated Boards & Committees– Private & Confidential Standing Committees Report
1. That Halifax Regional Council adopt the recommendations of the Standing Committees regarding the Councillor and Citizen Appointments as outlined in Attachment 1 of the November 28, 2011 private & confidential staff report;
2. That Halifax Regional Council, by way of this motion, express their appreciation to all residents who have put forth their names to serve on Boards and Committees of Council;
3. It is further recommended that the list of citizen and Councillor appointments be released to the public following Council ratification.
14.3 Legal Matter
A matter pertaining to litigation or potential litigation in regard to an identifiable person and information whose disclosure could reasonably be expected to prejudice the interests of the Municipality.
14.3.1 Settlement of Claim Against United Dominion Industries Limited - Private & Confidential Report
1. It is recommended that Halifax Regional Council accept the settlement offer of United Dominion Industries Limited in the amount of $525,000.00 and authorize the execution of a full and final release of all claims in respect of the Municipality’s claim against United Dominion Industries Limited in the referenced action.
2. It is further recommended that the private and confidential staff report dated October 18, 2011 not be released to the public.
Private and Confidential Information Item
1. Private and Confidential In Camera Information Report - re: Item 10.1.9 – Request for Proposal 11-039 Former St. Patrick’s Alexandra School, 2277 Maitland Street, Halifax – Evaluation, Terms and Conditions
December 13, 2011