Skip to content. Accessibility info.
Halifax Regional Council
January 31, 2012
Reconvene 6:00 p.m. If Required
2. SPECIAL COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – January 10, 2012 (118KB)
4. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF
ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
5. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
9.1 Correspondence – None
10.1 CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
10.2 GRANTS COMMITTEE
10.3 TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE
11.1 Councillor Mosher
(i) “To repeal the Policy and Procedures for the Disposal of Surplus Schools dated September 14, 2000”.
(ii) “To endorse the current practice as policy with regards to the disposal of surplus schools”.
11.2 Councillor Dalrymple
“To request a staff report regarding acquisition of water front property located between Highway 2 and Lake Thomas in Fall River for the purpose of parkland”.
12. ADDED ITEMS
13. NOTICES OF MOTION
14. IN CAMERA
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following;
14.1 In Camera Minutes – January 10, 2012
That the In Camera minutes of January 10, 2012 be approved as circulated.
14.2 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at http://www.halifax.ca/boardscom/documents/Citizenrecruitmentpolicy.pdf
14.2.1 Citizen Appointments to Associated Boards and Committees – Private and Confidential Report - Design Review Committee
It is recommended that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Adopt the recommendations of the Standing Committees regarding the Citizen Appointments as outlined in Attachment 1 the January 23, 2012 private & confidential report
2. That Halifax Regional Council, by way of this motion, expresses their appreciation to all residents who have put forward their names to serve on Boards and Committees of Council
3. It is further recommended that the list of citizen appointments be released to the public following Council ratification
14.3 Labour Relations
A matter pertaining to reports, advice and recommendations, instruction or direction to officers and employees of the Municipality concerning labour relations and employee negotiations arising out of the contract or contract negotiations with one of the Municipalities unions.
14.3.1 ATU Contract Negotiations - Oral
To convene to In Camera in order to address matters related to the ATU contract negotiations.
January 31, 2012