Skip to content. Accessibility info.
Halifax Regional Council
August 14, 2012
Committee of the Whole
Reconvene 6:00 p.m.
World Trade and Convention Centre
2. SPECIAL COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
4. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
5. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS – 6:00 P.M.
9.1 By-Law N-200, Respecting Noise – Exemption Applications
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.1 CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
11.1.7 6199 Chebucto Road – Maritime Conservatory of
the Performing Arts
This item was deleted from the agenda.
11.2 MEMBERS OF COUNCIL
11.3 COMMUNITY PLANNING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
12.1 Councillor Barkhouse
“To request that the provincial government designate HRM as a public sector body for the purposes of the public sector Compensation Disclosure Act. This would mean that HRM would be required to disclose the compensation it pays to any employee whose yearly income exceeds $100,000.”
12.2 Councillor Watts
“To request a staff report on amendments to HRM By-Law C-500, that would facilitate the positive growth of the mobile food service industry in HRM (Halifax Regional Municipality). Specifically, I request that staff re-examine the by-laws for food trucks and mobile food carts (bicycle powered) with the aim to improve service delivery so as to support the development of the local food truck/food cart business; and that staff consult with current and prospective food truck/cart business operators and existing BIDs (Business Improvement Districts).”
13. ADDED ITEMS
14. NOTICES OF MOTION
15. IN CAMERA
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following;
Private and Confidential Information Items
1. First Reading Proposed Administrative Order SC-70, Street Closure – Portion of Marilyn Drive Right-of-Way, Dartmouth
2. Proposed Administrative Order SC-71, Street Closure – Portion of Victoria Road Right-of-Way, Dartmouth
August 14, 2012