Skip to content. Accessibility info.
Halifax Regional Council
November 19, 2013
Immediately Following Committee of the Whole
Reconvene 6:00 p.m. If Required
2. SPECIAL COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
SELECTION OF DEPUTY MAYOR
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – NONE
4. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
5. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.1 Correspondence – NONE
11.1 CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Motion Councillor McCluskey: Approve Amendments to Administrative Order 53
11.2 BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS
12.1 Councillor Fisher
That Halifax Regional Council request a staff report outlining a formal review of the M-100 By-Law respecting Standards for Residential Occupancies and to include and solicit feedback from stakeholders such as tenants and landlords.
12.2 Councillor Fisher
That Halifax Regional Council request a staff report on initiating a master plan for the Beazley Sports Complex to outline planned and needed improvements to the facilities and to investigate any needed Land acquisitions.
13. IN CAMERA
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following;
13.1 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at http://www.halifax.ca/boardscom/documents/Citizenrecruitmentpolicy.pdf
13.1.1 Appointments – Halifax Regional Library Board – Private and Confidential Report
It is recommended that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Adopt the recommendation of the Executive Standing Committee regarding the Citizen appointments to the Halifax Regional Library Board as outlined in Attachment 1 of this report.
2. It is further recommended that the Citizen appointments be released to the public following Council ratification.
Private and Confidential Information Item
1. Private and Confidential In Camera Information Report - re: Administrative Order 53 - Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) Municipal Alcohol Policy – Legal Advice on the Proposed Ban on Alcohol Advertising
14. ADDED ITEMS
15. NOTICES OF MOTION
November 19, 2013
1. Memorandum from the Director, Community and Recreation Services dated September 24, 2013 re: Case 16029 – Amendments to the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS) and Halifax Mainland Land Use by-Law (LUB) – Halifax Transit Facilities (174 Kb)