Skip to content. Accessibility info.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES - NONE
3. Fiscal Framework
- Report (191 Kb)
- Presentation (2.5 Mb)
That Committee of the Whole recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct staff to develop the multi-year operating budgets for 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 according to Council's approved priorities, and preliminary fiscal direction, including:
- Maintaining the appropriate level of existing services with the addition of the new services previously approved by Council;
- a stable capital budget that maintains state of good repair while also funding growth related issues and service improvements;
- a responsible and declining debt position;
- appropriate reserve balances that allow for risk mitigation, future obligations and opportunities;
- alignment of the current average tax bill for residential homes and commercial properties with all relative economic indicators.
4. Proposed 2017-18 Capital Program Budget and 10 Year Capital Plan
- Report (267 Kb)
- Presentation (431 Kb)
That Committee of the Whole recommend that Halifax Regional Council to:
1. Direct staff to prepare the ten-year capital plan, approve the capital budget for 2017-18, and schedule of reserve withdrawals, and approve in principal the 2018-19 capital budget as presented to Committee of the Whole as per Attachments 1a, 1b and 1c of the staff report dated December 5, 2016.
2. Approve the list of 2017-18 advanced capital funding as per Attachment 2 of the staff report dated December 5, 2016.
3. Approve the list of multi-year projects as per Attachment 3 of the staff report dated December 5, 2016.