Public Service Announcement
Concerts and fireworks to mark Natal Day weekend
Wednesday, Aug. 1, 2012 (Halifax, NS) – HRM will be bursting with activities from Thursday, Aug. 2 to Monday, Aug. 6 in celebration of the 117th Natal Day.
The Alexander Keith’s Natal Day Festival has five full days of events throughout Halifax and Dartmouth for all ages. From fireworks, to concerts, to sporting events and a parade, there is something for everyone.
Highlights of the 2012 program include:
- Juno award winning group, Wintersleep, will headline a free concert on Saturday, Aug. 4 at Alderney Landing featuring Rich Aucoin and Route 104 showcase artists: Stogies; Gloryhound; Long Distance Runners; and Alert The Medic.
- Bridge fireworks on Saturday, Aug. 4 at 10 p.m. This will be the largest fireworks show in Atlantic Canada. The best places to watch it is from the MacDonald Bridge.
- Dora the Explorer and her cousin Diego will spent the day at the Natal Day Celebration on the Common on Sunday, Aug. 5 with music provided by the African Nova Scotia Music Association.
- The 106th Natal Day Road Races, one of the oldest races in Canada, will take place in downtown Dartmouth on Monday, Aug. 6 and attracts over a thousand runners.
- Sponge Bob Square Pants and his friend Patrick will spend the day at the Under the Sea Party at Sullivan’s Pond on Monday, Aug. 6 with music provided by the Atlantic Federation of Musicians.
- The Natal Day Pancake Breakfast will take place in the Hydrostone Park just before the parade on Aug. 6. The parade will start in the Hydrostone District, cross the MacDonald Bridge and finish at Sullivan’s Pond.
For more information on the Alexander Keith’s Natal Day Festival, visit www.natalday.org
Alexander Keith’s Natal Day Festival Committee Chair
Above content last modified Tuesday, March 21, 2023 at 1:55pm.