Skip to content. Accessibility info.
Spring Weight Restrictions
(Thursday, March 10, 2005) - Halifax Regional Municipality will once again implement temporary Spring Weight Restrictions, regulating the maximum vehicle and axle weights permitted on certain HRM maintained roads in accordance with Section #194 of the Motor Vehicle Act.
These restrictions will be in effect from: March 14, 2005 to May 2, 2005
The highways outlined in the following list are exempt from Spring Weight Restrictions and regular tolerances apply:
1) Beaver Bank - Windsor Junction Road from Beaver Bank Road Easterly 1.2 km
2) Beaver Bank Road - Beaver Bank - Windsor Junction Rd. To Sackville Dr.
3) Bissett Road - Cole Harbour Road to Bissett Lake Road
4) Cobequid Road - Sackville Dr. to Rocky Lake Drive
5) Cole Harbour Road - Caldwell Road To Ross Road
6) Cow Bay Road - Eastern Passage Road to Caldwell Road
7) Duke Street - Rocky Lake Drive to Highway 102
8) EasternPassage Road - Belmont Avenue to Cow Bay Road
9) Estates Road - Glendale Avenue Southerly to end of pavement
10) Forest Hills Drive - Main Street to Cole Harbour Rd.
11) Glendale Avenue - Cobequid Rd. to Highway 102
12) Hammonds Plains Rd. - Kearney Lake Rd. to Lucasville Rd.
13) Lake Major Road in total
14) Lucasville Road - Sackville Drive to Hefler’s Mill
15) Rocky Lake Drive - Duke St. to Lake Thomas Dr.
16) Sackville Drive - Highway 102 To Patton Rd. in Upper Sackville
17) St. Margaret’s Bay Rd. - Prospect Rd. to Highway 103, Exit 4 in Timberlea
18) Trunk#2 - Rocky Lake Dr. To Sunnylea Rd. in Wellington
19) Main St. - Ridgecrest Dr. To Little Salmon River Bridge
20) Herring Cove Rd. - Old Halifax City Boundary to Herring Cove
21) Evergreen Place in total
22) Fall River Rd. - 400 Metres North from Cobequid Rd.
23) All streets in the former City of Halifax, Dartmouth & Town of Bedford
For further information please check the local print media ads or contact the HRM Call Centre at 490-4000.
- 30 -
Acting Corporate Communications Officer