Skip to content. Accessibility info.

News Archives

News Release

Working Smoke Alarms Credited with Saving Family

(Monday, December 12, 2005) - Fire investigators have completed their investigation of the fire at 3368 Federal Avenue that occurred on Sunday, December 11, 2005.

The fire was caused by a young child playing with a BBQ lighter. The lighter had been used to light candles during a power outage. HRFE officials stress the importance of placing matches, lighters, etc. out of the reach of children and to not use candles during a power outage.

Fire officials also point out that a working smoke alarm is credited with alerting the family and saving the lives of six children.


For Further Information contact:
Mike Rogers
Acting Platoon Chief




Above content last modified Tuesday, March 21, 2023 at 1:55pm.