Skip to content. Accessibility info.

News Archives

Media Advisory

Carbon Monoxide Detector/Alarm Saved Family
ADT & Scott Health & Safety to donate Thermal Imaging Camera to Fire Department

(Friday, January 16, 2009) - Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency will receive a thermal imaging camera on Monday, January 19, 2009 from ADT & Scott Health & Safety as a thank you to the fire department for their quick response in saving the lives of an ADT employee's family after their carbon monoxide detector was activated.

The Harrietsfield Fire Department - Station # 62 responded to a home, November 2008. The family was awakened by their Carbon monoxide alarm, which indicated dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. Station 62 initiated an emergency response, and once on scene surveyed the air quality and as a result, immediately evacuated the family from the home.

Date:       Monday, January 19, 2009
Location: Fire Station #62 - 1070 Old Sambro Road, Harrietsfield
Time:       7:00 p.m.

- 30–

For further information, contact:

Mike LeRue
Divisional Chief
Public Relations/Communications




Above content last modified Thursday, November 02, 2023 at 11:40am.