Skip to content. Accessibility info.

News Archives

Public Service Announcement

Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency Reminds Residents About Candle Safety During Power Outages

(Tuesday, February 3, 2009) - Fires caused by candles have tripled in recent years.

With the pending storm arrival, Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency remind residents not to use candles during power outages. Battery powered lighting is a much safer choice. Do you know where yours are? Do they have charged batteries? Please check that all smoke alarms have charged batteries as well. Stay safe!

For more information please visit our web site at

- 30 -

Public Education Officer
Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency
(902) 490-4017




Above content last modified Thursday, November 02, 2023 at 11:40am.