Skip to content. Accessibility info.
Public Service Announcement
Freshwater Brook, Sewer Replacement Project
(Wednesday, July 15, 2009)— Attention motorists, as part of this important infrastructure project, on
or about Thursday, July 16th, the intersection of South and South Park Streets will be partially closed to
traffic for a duration of approximately seven weeks. This closure will be maintained 24 hours a day,
seven days a week.
- There will be no on-street parking in the work zone;
- The South/South Park Street intersection will be closed to traffic travelling east bound on South Street and south bound on South Park Street;
- One lane, one-way traffic will be maintained in the east lane of South Park Street heading north and traffic in the north lane of South Street heading west will be able to turn right onto South Park Street heading north;
- Access to the VG Hospital entrance will be maintained on South Park Street;
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
The closure will cause traffic congestion. Motorists are urged to stay alert and to seek an alternate route to avoid traffic and delays.
All shops and services adjacent to the work zone will remain open during the construction period.
Municipal service disruptions, if required, will be kept to a minimum duration and affected residents and businesses will be notified in advance.
Traffic control personnel will be on site to ensure smooth traffic flow. On-site personnel will also maintain communication with local residents and businesses to help minimize disruption.
Regular hours of work will be Monday to Friday 7:00am to 6:00pm, with weekend work as required.
We apologize for any inconvenience this necessary work may cause.
For more information please visit www.halifaxwater.ca
Steve Hogan- Project Manager, Dexter Construction, 240-1289
Jamie Hannam, Director, Engineering & Information Services, Halifax Water, 490-4804