Skip to content. Accessibility info.
Halifax Regional Council
September 16, 2008
Reconvene 6:00 p.m.
In Camera Session
2. SPECIAL COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES - August 12, 2008 (102KB)
4. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF
ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
5. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION - NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION - NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS - 6:00 p.m.
9.1 Case 01114 - Public Hearing Continuation
from September 9, 2008
Development Agreement - Hollis/Duke/Upper Water Streets
(i) District 12 Planning Advisory Committee Report (6.0 Mb)
(ii) Heritage Advisory Committee Report (323 Kb)
(iii) Staff Report (553 Kb)
Notification of Public Hearing Continuation for Case No. 01114:
Application by The Armour Group Limited to consider by development agreement the redevelopment of 1855-1873 Hollis Street and 1860-1870 Upper Water Street (PID #'s 00002303, 00002279, 00002311 and 00002287), Halifax, to allow for a 9 storey retail/office building with underground parking.
This public hearing will continue in order to hear from those members of the public whose names remain on the September 9, 2008 speakers list for this matter.
Strategy and Land Use By-Law - C-1 Zone (1.3 Mb)
9.4 Case 01076 - Municipal Planning Strategy Amendments -
Beaver Bank, Hammonds Plains and Upper Sackville and
Development Agreement - 1725 Hammonds Plains Road -
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.1 Correspondence - None
11.1 CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
11.2 GRANT COMMITTEE
12.1 Councillor Sloane
"To amend the Municipal Planning Strategy for the Schmittville area of District 12 to a Residential Comprehensive Development District and instruct staff to include The friends of Schmittville group in the public participation program."
12.2 Councillor Uteck
"To amend By-Law S-100, Respecting Sewer Charges."
13. ADDED ITEMS
14. NOTICES OF MOTION
In Camera Session - 2:00 p.m.
1. Approval of the Minutes - None
2. Legal Matter - CN Agreement (oral)
3. Personnel Matter - Deputy Mayor Adams - Non-Union Arena
Confidential Information Item
1. Personnel Matter - Appointments vs. Competitions
September 16, 2008