Skip to content. Accessibility info.
Halifax Regional Council
January 8, 2008
In Camera Session
SWEARING IN CEREMONY - COUNCILLOR DISTRICT 8 -
WOODSIDE - EASTERN PASSAGE (1:00 p.m.)
2. SPECIAL COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
4. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
5. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION - December 11, 2007
6.1 Councillor Karsten
"To reconsider the motion of December 11, 2007 regarding adoption of By-Law A-301, Respecting Animals and Responsible Pet Ownership, the purpose of which is to amend By-Law A-300, Section 6 (3), to allow cats on public property that have been spayed or neutered."
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION - December 11, 2007
7.1 Councillor McCluskey
"To rescind the motion of December 11, 2007 to release the In Camera report dated November 29, 2008 entitled Appeal of Decision of Harbour East Community Council."
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS - NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.1 Correspondence - None
11.1 CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
(Supplementary Report) (118KB)
Motion - Deputy Mayor Adams - Move First Reading
11.2 BIKEWAYS ADVISORY COMMITTEE
11.3 HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
11.4 MEMBERS OF COUNCIL
12.1 Councillor Karsten
"That a change be made to HRM's policy regarding water quality notification. HRM currently has a Lakes Quality Sampling Program and Baseline Sampling Program in various lakes within the Municipality. The results of these tests are on line. However, currently HRM does not notify the public of Public Health concerns unless it is an HRM supervised swim area. I propose that staff notify the public of poor water quality, particularly when high counts of fecal coliform are detected within the lakes tested. This would apply whether it is an HRM supervised swim area or not."
13. ADDED ITEMS
14. NOTICES OF MOTION
In Camera Session - 3:30 p.m.
1. Approval of the Minutes - November 27 & December 11, 2007
2. Contractual Matter - Urban Renewal Lands Agreement -
Canadian Mortgage and
Housing Corporation (CMHC) Settlement
3. Legal Matter - Demand Side Management Update (oral)
4. Legal Matter - Settlement of Claim
5. Legal Matter - Appeal of Decision of Harbour East Community Council
January 8, 2008