Skip to content. Accessibility info.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – NONE
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
6. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
7. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
8. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
9.1.1 Award – Tender No. 13-401 – Halifax Ferry Terminal & Law Courts Wastewater Collection
9.1.2 Bank Account for Investment Purposes
9.1.3 Investment Activities – Quarter Ending September 30, 2014
9.1.4 Write-off of Uncollectible Accounts
9.2 OFFICE OF THE AUDITOR GENERAL
9.2.1 Office of the Auditor General: Risk Ranking & Follow-Up Process
9.3 INVESTMENT POLICY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
9.3.1 Investment Police Advisory Committee Report - Investment Activities – Quarter Ending September 30, 2014
9.4 SPECIAL EVENTS ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
9.5 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
11. IN CAMERA
11.1 Property Matter
A matter pertaining to providing instruction and direction to officers and employees of the Municipality pertaining to the acquisition / sale of land in regard to
11.1.1 Increase to Capital Budget Account and Industrial Lot Inventory Re-Purchase – Private and Confidential Report
It is recommended that the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend to Regional Council to:
1) Approve an increase of $4,259,590.63 to the Capital Budget Account CQ000011 – Lot Inventory Repurchase with funding from Q121, Industrial Park Reserve, with no net increase to the Capital Budget; and.
2) Following the repurchase of the property identified in Table 1 of the private and confidential staff report in accordance with the approved Buy-Back Agreement, approve the addition of the property to the lot inventory with the minimum unit selling price as provided in Table 1 of the confidential staff report.
It is further recommended that this report not be released to the public.
11.2 Legal Matter
A matter pertaining to legal advice
11.2.1 Land Titles Clarification – Program Mandate – Private and Confidential Report
It is recommended that the Audit & Finance Standing Committee forward the Private and Confidential staff report to Regional Council as an In Camera Item.
11.3 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at http://www.halifax.ca/boardscom/documents/Citizenrecruitmentpolicy.pdf
11.3.1 Citizen Appointments to Boards and Committees – Private and Confidential Report
That the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend to Regional Council the following nominations:
1. Four Citizen members to the Grant Committee
2. Four Citizen members to the Investment Policy Advisory Committee; and
3. Three Citizen members to the Special Events Advisory Committee.
12. ADDED ITEMS
12.1 Audit & Finance Standing Committee Appointments and Selection of Chair for the Grant and Special Events Advisory Committees
13. NOTICES OF MOTION
14. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
14.1 Approval of the 2015 Audit & Finance Standing Committee Meeting Schedule