Skip to content. Accessibility info.
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Council Chamber, City Hall
1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 10, 2014
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS & APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
12.1 - Accessibility Evaluation of Pedestrian Infrastructure
Added Information Items
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES (September 10, 2014)
4.1 By-law T1001: Amendments to By-law T1000 and Administrative Order 39, Respecting the Regulation of Taxis & Limousines
5. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – None
6. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – None
7. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS (September 10, 2014)
7.1 Traffic Calming Policy
8. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & PRESENTATIONS
8.1 Correspondence - None
8.3 Presentations - None
9.1.1 Spending Limit for Community Groups Under Maintenance and Capital Agreements between Halifax and the Halifax Regional Trails Association
9.1.2 Nova Scotia Building Code Act and Regulations – Accessibility Requirements Review
(i) Staff report
(ii) Correspondence from Nova Scotia Municipal Affairs
9.2 COMMITTEE MEMBERS - None
9.4 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
9.4.1 Update from Councillor Watts
9.5 CROSSWALK SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
9.5.1 Update from Councillor Dalrymple
9.5.2 Event Planning for Crosswalk Safety Awareness Day Campaign
10.1 Councillor Hendsbee
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report to provide a policy and fiscal framework for Regional Councillors to make requests for pilot projects to suggest slight service adjustments to any Metro Transit route as an attempt to enhance quality and increase service reliability of existing transit routes.
10.2 Councillor Watts
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report on the feasibility of having designated car share spots in the right of way in locations approved by the Traffic Authority.
11. IN CAMERA - None
12. ADDED ITEMS
13. NOTICES OF MOTION
14. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 2:00 p.m.
1. Commuter Rail Feasibility Study Project Update (briefing noted dated September 2, 2014)
2. Street Cleaning in the Downtown (DH1) Zone (dated Sept 11, 2014)
3. Requests to Present to the Transportation Standing Committee (memo dated September 24, 2014)